I am feeling a bit sick this Sunday. While the kids are out with their father, I logged on to Facebook and found this funny pic:
Don’t you think it sums us Moms up perfectly?
In my case, the “my mother” and “my husband” part are similar. Hey, my mom thinks I’m Superwoman ok…
Also, they should include photos of shoes in the “my husband” category because he thinks I have too many shoes
2 big events are happening soon: one is my birthday and another, well, if it happens, you’ll know about it.
Some friends have been asking about the new nanny and I feel that today’s post is suitable to talk about her and “nannies” or “maids” in general.
Other than the one super-duper nanny I had for a few months, I’ve reached the conclusion that the best person for the kids and the family is ME.
- I still have to go to the market,
- I still have to do the menu planning,
- I am now teaching her some new dishes to cook but eventually, I see myself marinating or preparing dishes the night before,
- I still have to sort and stow away the laundry – she still cannot grasp the concept of short, long, male and female, adult and kids…
- I am not able to potty training my daughter – she’s quite behind her brother who was already in underwear at this stage – I wonder if the preschool will take her in???
- I am the one getting heart attacks when:
- One day, the Hubby calls me asking, “Where are you?!! The bus driver said the maid isn’t waiting downstairs…” (I’m on the bus on the way home, which is another 20 minutes away).
Hanging up, I called the maid who YELLS frantically in the phone telling me that she-waited-for-ages-but-the-bus-didn’t-come-so-she-brought-the-toddler-home-and-left her-to-nap-in-the-bedroom-alone-and-ran-downstairs-again-to-wait-for-the-bus-again.
Then, I call the bus driver who tells me he’s bringing the boy upstairs and left him standing ALONE outside our apartment.
Oh my God, I’m thinking, “One kid is outside the apartment, one kid is inside the apartment and the maid is running around outside???”.
After a few phone calls, I *finally* get confirmation that the maid is back at home and BOTH my kids are in the apartment WITH her. Aaaarghhhh!!!
- The kid tells me the maid has been bathing him the past few days with the orange bottle. Huh? Then, I realized she’s been bathing the boy with my Eubos Feminine Hygiene Wash!!!
- The toddler scratches her body and her hair all the time she’s got scabs all over her body. Finally, I find out that the maid has been bathing her with plain water only because she’d ran out of baby shampoo and baby bath but didn’t think to tell me about it.
- I come home to find books, food and toys thrown over the balcony and the boy telling me, “Look, Mummy, the bread that she (the toddler) threw is turning black…”. Thank God the heavy rain washed away the moldy slice of bread off the roof and onto the street below :S
- On Friday, I saw my 2.5 year old toddler doing DANGEROUS stunts a) unlock the balcony door, b) haul a kiddy chair / stool out on the balcony and c) climbed up the stool and d) stood on the stool on the balcony to play with the tap!!! The maid was washing the bathroom with the door CLOSED.
Finally, I was devastated to find out that my boy was falling behind in school in the very subject that I am teaching! Can you beat that?
I am teaching other people’s children transform from silent, timid kids into cheerful and confident youngsters but my own kids are running wild at home
You can all guess the next step because no matter how good the nanny is, I am still their mother and the kids are my responsibility…